Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I WAS ORDAINED!!!

Hello all,

I'm sorry for the delay in updating my blog... but I've been busy.

After nine years of work, prayer, formation, study, more prayer, and patience I was ordained a priest on Saturday August 25 here at St. Paul Church in Kensington CT.  This is where I've been stationed for the last year and where I'll be ministering as a new priest.


Here are some of my favorites!
This is the during the Litany of the Saints where I was prostrate in prayer... or I should have been praying :)
The "laying on of hands" is the actual moment of ordination!  

I was giving the sign of peace to my mother.  She was very emotional during the entire weekend :-)
This is Isi and Heidi.  I thought that this picture was so beautiful that I had to include it.
From left to right:      Fr. Justin, Bishop Gregory, Me, Fr. James
Another Picture of my mother and me.
From L to R: Fr. Joe, Fr David, Fr. Augustin, Fr. Jim, Fr. George, Fr. Matt, and Br. Nick
My family (most of them who were there)

These are some of my closest friends in the world.  I went to high school with the guys and the lovely ladies are their wives.
From L to Right: Bridget, Nick, Isi, Dan, Me, Brendan, Anne, Pat, and Carrie.
Thank you one and all!

The experience of being ordained, my first mass, and all of the celebrations were far beyond my wildest dreams.

It was a wonderful experience and I am so excited to be able to serve the Church as a priest.  

In all seriousness I wake up each morning excited to be a priest and I can hardly believe that I am one.  This really is a dream come true!


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, Fr. Peter! Thanks for sharing the pics! Keep up the good work! Peace! :)

    ReplyDelete