Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy Feast of St. Francis

Happy Feast of St. Francis!

I hope everyone has a wonderful feast day!

The saying of St. Francis that has been a strong theme in my prayer lately has been his words while he was on his death bed.

The friars came to him worried that they would not know what to do after he was gone.  They had looked to him to guide them in what they should be doing.

His response was, "I have done what is mine to do, may Christ teach you what is yours."

This isn't easy.  At times I've wished Christ had different lessons that He needed me to learn and different tasks that He wanted me to do.  This has been a reoccurring theme during this first year of my ordained ministry.

Humility, meekness, and service seem to be things that I need to learn how to do more and a better job of.  These seems to be what is mine to learn about and do, above all.

So, if you can, say a prayer for me this wonderful feast day and I'll be sure to say one for you.

God bless and happy Feast of St. Francis.

No comments:

Post a Comment