Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A life changing perspective

Hello all,

I was chatting with someone the other day and in our chat I suggested that this person really look into the ideas and work of Brene Brown.  

I first came across her ideas and work through watching a few of her videos on YouTube.  She gave two talks that I watched that moved me deeply.

The first talk was on her study of emotional vulnerability.  She claims that it is the source of meaningful connection and also the source of joy and happiness.


The second talk is on listening to shame and the lies that it tells and how it compels us to live with a tremendous burden.




I am thinking that the central truth that she is sharing is the secret to the challenge of the Gospel and also the readings that he will hear this weekend at mass.

I'm still wrestling with the message/homily but I really wanted to share these videos with you because I truly believe that what she is sharing is life changing, liberating, and spiritually empowering.

They are not short videos but well worth the time to watch and even take notes.  Re-watch them, pray with them, share them and I think it will help to make the lives of other much better.

Let me know what you think. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment